Volunteer in South America
Thinking about volunteering in South America? International Volunteer HQ has 15 years experience in providing the world’s most trusted and affordable South America volunteer programs.
Every year, thousands of people from across the globe choose to volunteer in South America with IVHQ, as it enables them to explore stunning landscapes, gain an authentic cultural experience and give back to people and places in need.
Wondering what volunteer work in South America is available? IVHQ offers a huge range of impactful volunteer programs in Peru, Ecuador, Brazil, Colombia and Argentina. Whether you want to volunteer in South America and learn Spanish, teach abroad, help conserve the Amazon Rainforest or participate in medical volunteering, IVHQ has a South America volunteer opportunity for you.Apply For Free
Why volunteer abroad in South America with IVHQ?
Whether you’re seeking mission trips to South America, or simply want an easy and affordable way to organize your gap year volunteer trip to South America, IVHQ’s programs are available year-round and you can volunteer for 1 - 24 weeks. With flexible booking, additional Covid-19 safety measures, program orientation, 24/7 support, safe accommodation, meaningful volunteer work and everything in-country organized for you, IVHQ is the most trusted volunteer organization in South America.
”IVHQ is, by far, the best volunteer program I have tried. You will feel like your projects are important and truly impact the community. The coordinators are fantastic and make you feel safe and comfortable, like you're part of the family. I know that I will continue volunteering with IVHQ in the future! I loved the structure of the program. We were able to work in the morning (which I loved) and after lunch we were free to explore the city. I cannot begin to describe how meaningful this experience was for me. This was by far the best thing I have ever done in my life!”
Where do you want to explore next?Find your volunteer program
Common questions about volunteering in South America
What volunteer work in South America does IVHQ offer?
Volunteering in South America in 2022 or 2023 is an opportunity to make a significant impact during a time of need.
IVHQ offers the largest range of volunteer opportunities in South America. Whether you want to volunteer and teach English in South America, support construction projects, wildlife volunteering, or nursing and medical volunteer abroad projects, IVHQ has volunteer work in South America that is suitable for volunteers with a range of skills and experience.
What are the most popular South America volunteer opportunities?
- Medical in Peru - Lima
- Animal Care in Peru - Lima
- Andean Immersion in Peru - Cusco
- Jungle Conservation in Peru - Cusco
- Teaching English in Ecuador - Santa Elena
- Kindergarten in Ecuador - Quito
- Carnival in Brazil - Rio de Janeiro
- Sports Development in Colombia - Cartagena
- Construction & Renovation in Argentina - Buenos Aires
Explore our full range of Latin America and Caribbean volunteer programs here.
How much does it cost to volunteer in South America?
IVHQ makes it super easy and affordable to book volunteer trips to South America. Our fully hosted South America volunteer programs start from only $20 per day and include accommodation, meals, airport pickup, orientation and comprehensive support services that you won’t find elsewhere.
How to volunteer in South America
Applying to volunteer in South America is simple! Once you’ve decided which Once you have decided where to volunteer in South America and which project you would like to join, you can apply online. It’s free, only takes a few minutes and there is no commitment needed at this stage. Our team of Volunteer Travel Specialists will then guide you through the next steps to secure your spot and start preparing for your trip.
You can learn more about how to get started here.
What are the best South America mission trips for 2022 & 2023?
IVHQ offers a diverse range of mission trips to South America. Choose from 5 of the most sought after destinations across the continent for your South America service trip:
- Peru - Lima and Cusco
- Ecuador - Santa Elena and Quito
- Brazil - Rio De Janeiro
- Argentina - Buenos Aires and Córdoba
- Colombia - Bogotá and Cartagena
Is it safe to volunteer in South America?
Thousands of IVHQ volunteers travel to South America every year without encountering any issues. We have a comprehensive approach to managing safety and reducing risks across all of our programs, which gives volunteers the knowledge and confidence they need to stay safe, secure and healthy. This includes:
- All local teams are trained in volunteer management, are required to undertake first aid training and ensure that programs adhere to IVHQ’s Risk Management Policy.
- All IVHQ volunteers receive pre-departure and 24/7 in-country support, are required to have travel insurance and are strongly encouraged to take our online pre-departure training which can be accessed for free.
- Covid-19: IVHQ’s volunteer programs have only reopened in countries where local government and health guidelines deem it safe. With additional health and safety measures in place along with our flexible booking policy, you can book your volunteer trip to South America with confidence.