High School Volunteer Abroad Groups
International Volunteer HQ has over 16 years experience in designing volunteer trips for high school student groups. This is an amazing way for teenagers aged 16+ to give back as a school group on volunteer projects that align with an area of study. Our team of volunteer travel experts create fully customized group options for high schools from across the globe.
Most high school student groups are chaperoned by teachers, staff or parents. IVHQ’s high school groups require a ratio of one adult or guardian to every 8 students. Groups with this ratio can choose from 40+ volunteer countries and prices can be customized to include chaperone fees. High school students traveling as a group without a guardian can choose from 17 destinations worldwide.
From the moment you make an inquiry with IVHQ, our dedicated Group Support team will work with you to help your planning, including:
- Understanding your budget constraints
- Finding a destination and placement best suited to your group’s preferences, skills, and objectives
- Arranging any custom accommodation requirements
- Developing weekly schedules (volunteering or interning, accommodation, meals, trips, etc.)
- Organizing local transportation
- Booking tours
Best teen & high school volunteer opportunities abroad
Volunteers aged 16-17 can participate in teen programs independently in the following destinations:
Volunteering FAQs for high school groups
All IVHQ programs adhere to comprehensive risk management and health & safety requirements. All of our placements and accommodation have been vetted by our local teams and are regularly audited. We also give staff the opportunity to visit our volunteer programs as part of high school requirements and familiarization trips.
Each participant taking part in an IVHQ program is required to pay a Registration Fee and Program Fee to participate. If preferred, IVHQ can incorporate the chaperone fees into the volunteer fees, this often only increases student fees by around US$50 - $100 per person.
- Schedule a call with us: Book in a time that suits you to chat with our dedicated Group Support Team
- Share your objectives, logistics & desired learning outcomes: We will then create a custom proposal to meet your budget, needs, and intended goals.
- Let us know your school’s requirements: We can provide all the documentation needed to meet your school’s travel policies.
- We help your students prepare for the experience: We provide support throughout the application, payment, pre-departure, and feedback process.