Why Is IVHQ The Best International Volunteer Organization?
IVHQ has been named the world’s Top Volunteer Abroad Provider for five years in a row
If you’re searching for the best organization to volunteer abroad with, it’s wise to do your research before booking anything to ensure you go with an ethical, trusted, and affordable provider. Awards are a great indicator of quality when it comes to identifying the best volunteer organizations.
IVHQ has been named the Top Volunteer Abroad Provider by Go Overseas every year since 2018. This prestigious award was given to IVHQ for receiving the highest volume of five-star reviews among 13,000 different providers in 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, and 2018. It reflects our commitment to providing the world’s best volunteering abroad experiences.
Why IVHQ has been named the Best Volunteer Abroad Organization for the last 5 years:
International Volunteer HQ is the world’s most trusted volunteer abroad organization. We’ve hosted over 131,799 travelers since 2007, have thousands of five-star reviews, and have won countless awards over the last 16 years!
Here are just a few of the reasons why so many travelers choose IVHQ:
Responsible & ethical
Volunteering abroad is all about making a positive impact on the world, so it’s important to select a provider that has strong ethics and measures their impact on local communities, the environment, volunteers, and employees.
By choosing IVHQ, you’re becoming a part of a community that goes beyond sustainability by aiming to regenerate the world through volunteering abroad. Here are some credentials to look out for when selecting a provider:B Corporation Certification
IVHQ remains the first and only global volunteer abroad organization to be a certified B Corporation. This means our operations are independently audited and verified as adhering to the highest social and environmental standards.United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals
All IVHQ volunteer projects work towards one or more of the UN’s SDG goals and have been set up to tackle some of the most pressing issues within the community where you’ll be volunteering.Carbon Neutral
IVHQ’s business operations have been certified as 100% carbon neutral since 2019 and we were the first global volunteer abroad provider to declare a Climate Emergency.Programs run by local people
Our volunteer programs are run by locals, so you can be confident that your Program Fee is going directly into your host community to support long-term employment for local people.Learn more about ethical volunteering
Wondering why volunteering trips through other volunteer abroad organizations cost more than a normal vacation would? Don’t be left wondering where your money went. High prices don’t mean better experiences.
Since our inception, IVHQ has strived to provide the most affordable options to volunteer abroad to allow as many people as possible to give back abroad – without compromising on quality. IVHQ’s Program Fees for your accommodation and hosting start at just $20 (approximately $20) per day! We’re able to offer high quality volunteer experiences at such an affordable price because:
- Our programs are run by local people, keeping costs down
- Accessibility to volunteering has always been our mission
- We offer accommodation options that facilitate the best cultural immersion and interaction
- Our high volume of volunteers keeps your Program Fees low
- We’re the only global volunteer travel organization that’s a certified B Corporation
It’s important to look for a transparent breakdown of where your fees are going, so you know what’s included in your volunteer abroad trip and can compare providers objectively.
IVHQ charges a US$329 Registration Fee and a Program Fee that goes to the local community hosting you. This way you can see exactly where your money is going. We organize your whole trip for you, with accommodation and projects that have been fully vetted, 24/7 support while you’re overseas, and programs that give you the chance to socialize with other volunteers.
Here’s what you get with IVHQ:
- 24/7 in-country support
- In-country program orientation
- Pre-departure support from your Program Manager
- Airport pick-up
- Personalized preparation tools, guides and checklists
- Access to IVHQ’s preferred insurance and flights partners
- Discounts on language lessons
- Certificate of International Volunteering
Support and safety
Want the reassurance of traveling with an organization that has deep experience of keeping volunteers safe overseas? IVHQ has over 16 years of experience hosting volunteers all around the world, including throughout the recent pandemic. This means we know how to keep you safe and make it easy for you to volunteer abroad with confidence:
- Secure accommodation vetted by IVHQ staff
- Female-only dorms, private room upgrades, and homestay accommodation available
- A member of our local team meets you at the airport when you arrive
- In-country orientation when you arrive highlights any hazards and gets you familiarized with your surroundings
- 24/7 in-country support from our local team included
- Dedicated support from your IVHQ Program Manager in the lead up to, during, and after your trip
- Health and Safety, Risk Management, and policies and procedures in place across all destinations
Range of projects
Finding a volunteer abroad provider with a diverse range of programs and projects to choose from means you’re more likely to find the best volunteer opportunity to align with your travel ambitions and the causes you care about.
IVHQ offers the world’s largest range of volunteer abroad programs: 300+ volunteering projects across more than 40 countries worldwide. These are available year-round across Africa, Asia, Europe, the USA, Central America, South America, the Caribbean, the Pacific and the Middle East.Explore volunteer programs