Special Needs Care Volunteer Abroad Projects
Are you are you looking for special needs volunteer opportunities to provide care and operational support within centers supporting people living with mental and physical disabilities?
IVHQ’s Special Needs Care projects are best suited to volunteers of a caring and compassionate nature who are patient, hard working and willing to help with a range of duties. Medical students or healthcare professionals who are seeking physiotherapy volunteer opportunities are also able to support physical therapy while volunteering at the centers.
You can choose to volunteer for durations ranging from 1 week to 24 weeks and volunteer work can vary according to the location. General tasks include providing care, feeding, physical therapy, education, vocational skills-development, recreation and stimulation, as well as help with cleaning and maintaining facilities. The objective of your role as an international volunteer is to work closely alongside the center staff to promote better health and wellbeing outcomes, while engaging in a cross-cultural learning exchange with the people you are working with and caring for.
Learn more about our opportunities to volunteer in special needs schools and centers available in the destinations below.
- Argentina - Cordoba - Special Needs Care
- Cambodia - Special Needs Care
- China - Special Needs Care
- Costa Rica - Special Needs Care
- Greece - Special Needs Support
- Guatemala - Special Needs Care
- India - Kerala - Special Needs Care
- Kenya - Special Needs Care
- Malaysia - Special Needs Education
- Mexico - Special Needs Care
- Morocco - Marrakech - Special Needs Care
- Peru - Cusco - Special Needs Care
- Romania - Special Needs Care
- South Africa - Table View - Special Needs Care
- Spain - Special Needs Support
- Sri Lanka - Special Needs
- Uganda - Special Needs Care