IVHQ Photo Competition
International Volunteer HQ (IVHQ) hosts a monthly photo competition for all past and current volunteers to share a picture from their volunteer trip abroad!
This month you can share your photos with the wider IVHQ community using #theIVHQlife on Instagram. Doing this will also put you in the mix to be selected for a Registration Fee credit (valued at US$299) for your next IVHQ program. So here’s what you need to do:
- Follow @IVHQ on Instagram.
- Post a new photo using #theIVHQlife
- Tag @IVHQ in the image
- Make sure your profile is public, otherwise your photo will not appear when searching #theIVHQlife
- You’re in the running for an IVHQ credit and you’ve connected with your fellow volunteers
The winner will be decided by a panel of IVHQrew! To help you out, here are a few tips. We’ve traveled to our programs, we’ve stayed in the accommodation and mucked in on the projects - so we know there are some truly awesome sights and moments to be captured! Take a look at our Instagram account to see what we mean. And while a photo may have the power to convey a thousand words we think a well crafted caption is just as important.
All photo entries must follow the IVHQ Child Protection Policy. This means children and vulnerable adults should not be in an image alone or portrayed in a belittling or degrading manner.
- Entrants must have previously participated (or be participating) on an IVHQ volunteer program
- IVHQ reserves the right not to publish and will remove any entries which it deems inappropriate for the competition. This may be due to (but not limited to), the nature of the photo or the subjects within the photo.
- Entries close at 12pm NZST on the 10th of June 2017
- The volunteer must follow IHVQ, tag IVHQ and use #theIVHQlife on Instagram
- The volunteer whose photo is selected by the panel in the month that the photo was entered will win the monthly prize of an IVHQ Registration Fee credit (valued at US$299)
- Previous winners of the IVHQ Photo Competition are not eligible to win an additional Registration Fee credit within 12 months of winning the competition
- To claim the Registration Fee, the winner must log into MyIVHQ and use the credit which IVHQ will apply to their account to pay the Registration Fee.
- The free Registration Fee must be claimed (ie. the volunteer must apply on an IVHQ volunteer program) for a program start date within 12 months of winning the prize
- The Registration Fee credit is not transferrable for cash
- The Registration Fee credit is able to be redeemed by the named winner of the competition and cannot be transferred to any other person
- Once the free Registration Fee credit has been redeemed, it will not be refunded to the volunteer in the event of cancellation of their IVHQ program