These Terms and Conditions for Groups with International Volunteer HQ Limited (IVHQ) apply to all groups of eight or more volunteers that require support from IVHQ’s Group Support team. These Terms and Conditions for Groups are in addition to IVHQ’s Terms and Conditions of Service, which all participants in the group must accept upon registering for an IVHQ program.
- All prices referenced are in US dollars.
- All timing referred to in these terms and conditions is based on New Zealand standard time.
- ‘IVHQ’ refers to International Volunteer HQ.
- ‘Volunteer’ or ‘Participant’ refers to the customer of IVHQ who wishes to participate in a volunteer program.
- ‘Independent Local Team’ or ‘Local Partner’ refers to IVHQ’s local coordinator that facilitates the volunteer program and volunteer project placements in the chosen country.
- The ‘IVHQ website’ refers to www.volunteerhq.org.
- ‘Deposit’ refers to the payment made in advance of each group member’s registration for their program.
- ‘Group’ refers to eight or more volunteers, who apply to participate in a volunteer program together as a group instead of applying individually.
Groups of eight or more volunteers requiring support from IVHQ’s Group Support team for the organization of their trip are required to pay a Deposit.
Payment of this Deposit enables IVHQ to hold places for the group’s members on their program and provide additional support prior to each group member’s formal registration onto the program.
This Deposit payment is due no less than ninety (90) days before the group’s start date, but is encouraged as early as possible to secure places on the group’s program.
IVHQ reserves the right to revise the terms of the Deposit, including the fee payable, at any time. Revisions are not applicable to groups that have already submitted their Deposit payment before the revisions take effect.
All payments attract a non-refundable 5% transaction fee to cover international banking fees. International wire transfer payments attract a minimum fee of $75.
Before the Deposit has been received:
- Create custom itineraries and proposals to meet a group’s goals and budget.
- Confirm the current availability for the group’s preferred location, volunteer project, start date, and number of participants.
- Answer general questions about accommodation, meals, and other logistics.
- Facilitate an agreement / contract process between a university or organization.
IVHQ will not:
- Share specific details about the local partner, their volunteer projects and placements, accommodation options, or contact details.
- Engage with the local partner regarding group requests or customizations.
- Hold or reserve places for the group’s participants on the program.
After the Deposit has been received:
- Place a hold on places for the group’s participants on their program for the chosen start date.
- Share specific details about the local partner that will host the group and the volunteer projects that they support. IVHQ’s local partners are mission-driven organizations that have limited resources. IVHQ is not willing to divert the local partner’s limited resources from their valuable community work until a group has made a commitment to participate through the payment of a Deposit. Project placement details will be shared as early as possible, but due to continually changing local needs, this information might not be available until shortly before departure or even after arrival.
- Support the registration process for each group participant, provide a country-specific guide, and facilitate a preparation checklist to assist with pre-departure preparation.
- Provide host confirmation letters or other documentation required for visa applications, university approval, and/or employer sponsorship. Please note that IVHQ cannot provide visa advice or guarantee entry for any participant to a specific location. It is each participant’s sole responsibility to research, pay for, and obtain the appropriate documentation and/or visa required to enter their destination country.
- Organize and finalize all logistics for the group, including accommodation, in-country transportation, and tours. IVHQ is not responsible for booking flights to/from the destination.
After the Deposit is paid, each group participant is required to complete their own registration onto their chosen IVHQ program no less than sixty (60) days before the group’s start date.
The Registration Fee for each group participant is $370 USD and will be deducted from the Deposit payment. Should the Deposit payment be insufficient to cover the cost of the Registration Fee for all group members, additional payment will be required.
As part of the registration process, each group participant will be required to agree to be bound by IVHQ’s Terms and Conditions of Service.
Participation in an IVHQ volunteer program requires full payment of the relevant Program Fee to cover the costs of hosting the group’s participants in-country. IVHQ reserves the right to revise Program Fees at any time. Program Fee revisions will not apply to groups that have paid their Deposit, unless the group makes a change to their program details after the Program Fee revisions have taken effect. The specific terms applicable to Program Fees are set out in the Terms and Conditions of IVHQ Registration and Program Fees page of the IVHQ website.
Any additional in-country activities or upgrades booked and paid for through IVHQ, such as extra or different accommodation, language lessons, private transportation, travel insurance, excursions, experiences, and tours are deemed “Add-ons”. Once payment has been made, Add-ons are non-refundable but may be held as a credit on a case by case basis depending on the cancellation terms of the local Add-on provider.
Program Fees, and fees for any Add-ons booked for each participant, must be paid no less than sixty (60) days before the program start date.
Payment as a Group
Groups may choose to submit payments for their Deposit, Program Fees, and fees for any Add-ons as a single invoice/payment for the whole group.
If paying as a group:
- The first invoice will include the group Deposit amount required for the program; this is due no later than ninety (90) days before the program start date.
- Once the number of group participants has been finalized, a final invoice will be issued to cover the total Registration Fees, Program Fees, and Add-on Fees for all participants, less the Deposit already paid; this is due sixty (60) days before the program start date.
- Failure to submit the final payment on time may result in the group program being canceled. In this situation, the group would be held to the cancelation policies detailed below.
To increase flexibility in the planning process for those who pay as a group, the Deposit is calculated based on the lowest number of participants within a group size bracket, but IVHQ will hold places on the program for the highest number of participants in that group size bracket.
Non-European Programs: Group Deposit Amount
For groups paying together and participating in programs outside Europe, the Deposit is calculated based on the table below:
|Group Size Bracket||Deposit Payable (USD)||Maximum number of places held on program|
|50+ participants||$18,500||Bespoke as per proposal|
European Programs: Group Deposit Amount
For groups paying together and participating in programs in Europe, the Deposit is calculated based on the table below.
Group Deposit payments for all programs in Europe include 20% of Program Fees for the lowest number of participants in the group size bracket to allow reservation of accommodation for the group. The remaining 80% of Program Fees for each participant will be included in the final invoice, once the group size is finalized.
|Group Size Bracket||Deposit Payable (USD)||Maximum number of places held on program|
|5-9 participants||$1,850 + 20% of 5 Program Fees||9|
|10-14 participants||$3,700 + 20% of 10 Program Fees||14|
|15-19 participants||$5,550 + 20% of 15 Program Fees||19|
|20-24 participants||$7,400 + 20% of 20 Program Fees||24|
|25-29 participants||$9,250 + 20% of 25 Program Fees||29|
|30-34 participants||$11,100 + 20% of 30 Program Fees||34|
|35-39 participants||$12,950 + 20% of 35 Program Fees||39|
|40-44 participants||$14,800 + 20% of 40 Program Fees||44|
|45-49 participants||$16,650 + 20% of 45 Program Fees||49|
|50+ participants||$18,500 + 20% of 50+ Program Fees||Bespoke as per proposal|
Payment as Individuals
Groups may choose to submit individual payments for each participant’s Deposit, Program Fees, and fees for any Add-ons
If paying individually, group arrangements cannot be confirmed until the minimum number of Deposit payments for the group size bracket (as referenced above) have been received. Places on the program for each individual participant will not be held until their Deposit payment has been received.
Each participant’s Deposit payment is due no less than ninety (90) days before the program start date and is calculated as:
- Non-European Programs: $370 USD
- European Programs: $370 USD + 20% of Program Fee
Payment for remaining Program Fees and Add-ons is due sixty (60) days before the program start date.
Changes in Group Size
IVHQ’s ability to accommodate additional participants above the selected size bracket is subject to availability. Should a group wish to increase the number of participants above the maximum for their selected size bracket, space for additional participants will not be held until an additional payment has been received to bring the total group Deposit up to the value for the new size bracket.
If a group size decreases to a smaller size bracket, Deposit funds paid in excess of the new size bracket are non-refundable but may be applied toward the Program Fees or Add-on costs for group participants. If Deposit funds exceed all Program Fees and other Add-on costs, at IVHQ’s discretion, the remaining balance may be held as credit in the group or organization’s name for 18 months from the group’s earliest program start date.
After the Deposit has been received, and before the program start date, a group may change their program destination, project, duration, and/or start date subject to the following policies:
- 60 or more days before scheduled program start date: No Change Fee + any difference in Program Fee, subject to availability.
- Less than 60 days before scheduled program start date: Minimum $200 USD Change Fee per participant + any difference in Program Fee, subject to availability.
- The new program’s start date must be no more than eighteen (18) months from the original program start date, otherwise all Deposit payments will be forfeited.
- No refunds will be made if the total fees for the new program are less than the fees already paid for the original program.
If a group or individual group participant wishes to cancel their registration after the Deposit has been paid, or if the group program is canceled due to non-payment of the Program Fees by the required deadline, a refund or credit may be requested subject to the following policies:
Cancellation 90 or more days before the earliest registered program start date:
- Deposit payments can be retained as a credit* or refunded at 50% of the Deposit amount.
Cancellation 30-89 days before the earliest registered program start date:
- Deposit payments are non-refundable but can be retained as a credit*. If registered for a European program, the 20% Program Fee portion of the Deposit may be partially refunded or held as a credit at IVHQ’s discretion with a deduction for expenses already incurred on behalf of the group.
- Program Fee balance payments may be retained as a credit*, or can be refunded subject to a minimum $200 USD cancellation fee per participant.
Cancellation less than 30 days before the earliest registered program start date:
- Deposit payments are non-refundable but can be retained as a credit*.
- Program Fees are non-refundable, but may be partially retained as a credit* at IVHQ’s discretion with a deduction for expenses already incurred on behalf of the group.
*Credit may be retained in an individual or group’s name for future use on any IVHQ program, subject to availability, for 18 months from the earliest registered start date.
All transaction fees are non-refundable and may not be retained as a credit. Add-on payments are non-refundable in all cases. No refunds or credits will be given once the program start date has passed, and no refunds will be paid to any group participant who has been provided with a program participation verification letter for the purpose of fundraising, applying for a visa, or obtaining an academic credit.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions by Group Administrator
Participants traveling as part of a group may be offered the option to have their registration managed centrally by a nominated Group Administrator. In this situation, each participant agrees that the Group Administrator may accept IVHQ’s Terms & Conditions of Service and IVHQ’s Terms & Conditions for Groups on their behalf. In this scenario, each participant also gives their permission for the Group Administrator to submit their personal information and documentation to IVHQ on their behalf as part of their application to volunteer. IVHQ accepts no liability for errors or omission of information provided to IVHQ by the Group Administrator.