A unique volunteer project that involves using your creative and digital skills to help Barcelona NGOs develop their online presence and boost their charity initiatives. Volunteers with a range of technical skills and expertise can make a significant difference in helping important local causes gain much-needed exposure. These kinds of professional skills are often unaffordable for non-profit NGOs, but can make a significant difference for them.
As a volunteer in the Creative Technologies project in Barcelona, you will be able to support NGOs with different social and environmental focuses, such as:
- Social inclusion programs for people with cerebral palsy or other motor and mental disabilities
- Artistic and/or cultural sharing projects for lonely elderly residents in suburban quarters
- Post-school education courses for children of migrants and other ethnic minorities
- Environmental awareness projects in urban contexts
- Accompanying programs for migrants who are in Barcelona with the intention of relocating or receiving support before proceeding to the next stage of their journey
Volunteers with a range of skills can assist on the Creative Technologies project, for example:
- Experienced website developers can help build or update websites incorporating relevant content and media to support charitable initiatives.
- Graphic designers can help to create a range of marketing materials, which could include flyers, print advertisements, website content, social media posts or logos.
- Volunteers with experience in videography or film can create promotional videos, and those with photography skills can help NGOs document their activities and provide images for social media and marketing material.
NGOs generally won’t have the necessary resources available, so you’ll need to bring your own laptop, design software (Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent) and/or camera equipment. Please ensure you include all relevant qualifications and/or experience in your application for the program.Apply now