Browse our volunteer opportunities and choose a country and the project you wish to volunteer on, as well as the dates you wish to volunteer.
Complete and submit our online application form with the details of your chosen program and dates. You will then receive an email confirming that IVHQ has received your application. Within 48 hours (2 working days), you will receive an email from your IVHQ Program Manager acknowledging your application and confirming the country, project and dates of your volunteer program. In this email, you will receive more information about your chosen program, as well as details on how to pay the US$279 Registration Fee (partially refundable until 60 days before your start date*) which is required to confirm your booking with IVHQ.
Log in to your MyIVHQ account to pay your Registration Fee. As soon as your Registration Fee has been received by IVHQ, you will be provided with all the information and support you need to prepare for your upcoming volunteer program.
Your IVHQ Program Manager will be your point of contact throughout your preparations up until you finish your volunteer program. Your IVHQ Program Manager will provide you with access to your IVHQ Information Booklet, providing detailed information specific to your chosen volunteer program, and fulfil all remaining administration duties with you, including:
- Connecting you with our local partner staff in your host country
- Upgrading your MyIVHQ account to a Registered MyIVHQ account
- Providing you access to a set of interactive volunteer training modules available exclusively to IVHQ volunteers
- Organizing your airport pick-up with our local staff
- Advising when you need to pay the balance of your Program Fee by (no later than 30 days prior to your program start date)
- Providing on-going 24/7 support through telephone and email communication