Entries for this competition are now closed. Please check out our Instagram for the finalists and vote for your favourite design!
The winning design will be featured in our online store for purchase in the coming weeks.
Interested in future competitions? Sign up to our newsletter to be the first to know of new competitions, as well as gaining exclusive access to VIP offers, scholarships, volunteer stories and travel inspo.
Volunteer Travel Prize Pack includes:
- $500 Flight Voucher from StudentUniverse
- $300 FREE IVHQ credit*
- A free online volunteering course with a Certificate of International Volunteering from Global Travel Academy valued at $149
- IVHQ branded merchandise (your choice of coffee cup, water bottle, tote bag, baseball cap, hoodie or similar up to the value of $50)
- Your winning design printed on a T-shirt
*towards your registration fee
We’ve got some epic IVHQ merchandise that you can order online but we want to add some more designs for you to choose from. And who better to design these than the people who make IVHQ such an incredible community… Our volunteers!
Your design will become a featured item in the IVHQ store where others can purchase and wear it on their volunteer adventures - how cool!
How your design makes an impact:
100% of profits from the IVHQ store are donated to the many local charities that IVHQ supports - so your design can help make a visible impact to grass-roots organizations supporting important social and environmental causes.
How to enter:
Create a design for a T-shirt that represents IVHQ to you.
Submit the design by filling out the form below by 25 November 2022.
Get picked as one of the top 8 designs by the IVHQ team.
Make sure you’re following us on Instagram and get your friends to vote for your design on our profile.
Winner will be chosen by popular vote!
- You can design your T-shirt here, and take a screenshot when you are happy with your creation.
- The content of your design can be a quote, relevant text or an image.
- Please ensure your file is provided in .jpg or .png format and minimum 1MB in size.
IVHQ Merchandise Store
Have you just returned from the most amazing volunteer experience and are looking for a way to commemorate your trip? Maybe you’re about to head off on your volunteer adventure and want some merch to show that you’re part of the IVHQ team?
Our refreshed merchandise store has some great sustainable items to help you get through the day. From T-shirts, to drink bottles to tote bags, we have a great selection to choose from.
IVHQ Design a T-Shirt Competition Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions relate to the "Design an IVHQ T-shirt" promotion ("Promotion") operated by International Volunteer HQ Limited (NZBN 9429033430133), 99 Devon Street West, New Plymouth, New Zealand ("IVHQ").
- Information on the prize and how to enter form part of these conditions of entry. By entering this Promotion, you agree to be bound by these conditions of entry and all decisions of IVHQ which are final in all matters relating to the Promotion. The Promotion and these conditions of entry are void to the extent prohibited by law.
- IVHQ reserves the right to change these conditions of entry without prior notice. All dates are subject to change if necessary at IVHQ's discretion. Any changes to these conditions of entry will be published on the IVHQ website at www.volunteerhq.org.
- Employees of IVHQ, Intern Abroad HQ and their subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and members of their immediate families or households, are ineligible to enter this Promotion.
- The Promotion commences at 9:00am EST November 7, 2022 and closes at 5:00pm EST November 25, 2022 ("Promotional Period"). Entries received outside of the Promotional Period will not be accepted.
- The rules of the Promotion and how to enter are as follows:
- All entrants into the Promotion must:
- be 16 years of age or older;
- hold a valid passport with at least 6 months validity at the date of travel;
- meet the requirements to volunteer or intern abroad with IVHQ regarding a clean criminal record.
- The Promotion is open to anyone worldwide who meets the requirements in clause 6(a).
- To enter the Promotion, entrants must submit their details and design entry via the form on the “Design an IVHQ T-shirt” website landing page during the Promotional Period.
- IVHQ will then select 8 finalists and share the designs on their Instagram Profile week commencing December 5th 2022 for others to vote. The winner will be chosen by popular vote in a “knockout style” tournament over the course of the week. Winner will be announced on December 12th 2022.
- The winner will be notified by email within 28 days of the end of the Promotional Period. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, IVHQ reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Upon accepting the prize, the winner's name will be published on IVHQ's social media channels. The decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into, including in the event of a dispute. By registering you consent to having your name shared if you are selected as the winner of the Promotion and accept the prize.
- IVHQ reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion if it considers, in its sole discretion, the administration of the Promotion is impaired for technical or other reasons beyond its reasonable control and, in such an event, may select the winner from all valid entries received prior to the impairment.
- All entrants into the Promotion must:
- The Prize is as follows:
- $500 flight voucher from StudentUniverse.
- $300 IVHQ credit ("IVHQ Credit") which can be used towards the IVHQ Registration Fee or the Intern Abroad HQ deposit.
- A free GTA Online Volunteering course & certificate valued at $149.
- $50 of IVHQ merchandise of choice (choose from a water bottle, tote bag, cap or similar).
- The winning design printed on a T-shirt.
- Prize conditions:
- The IVHQ Credit may only be put towards a Registration Fee to participate in the IVHQ Program or Intern Abroad HQ Internship of the winner’s choice.
- If the winner chooses a Smart or Flexi Registration Fee over the Base Registration Fee, it is the responsibility of the prize winner to pay the remaining balance.
- The prize winner must travel and begin their IVHQ or Intern Abroad HQ Program within 12 months of the end of the Promotional Period. If the winner is, for whatever reason, unable to confirm the booking by this date, whether the failure was due to reasons beyond the winner's control or otherwise, then the winner will forfeit the prize.
- The IVHQ Credit cannot be refunded, transferred, gifted, substituted or redeemed for cash.
- StudentUniverse flight voucher will be valid for one year of use. To be used on international air travel only.
- Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for IVHQ to use the Promotion winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- The winner of this Promotion must also:
- Submit photos, videos and blog content from their volunteer trip or internship (within 4 weeks of completing the program) to be shared on either IVHQ’s or Intern Abroad HQ’s website and social media channels, subject to IVHQ's review.
- Ensure all content shared with external networks and social media platforms is aligned with guidelines provided by IVHQ or Intern Abroad HQ prior to the recipient’s volunteer trip or internship.
- The winner will be responsible for covering all other costs associated with traveling to and from the IVHQ Program or Intern Abroad HQ Internship, including but not limited to the IVHQ/Intern Abroad HQ Program Fee, flights, travel insurance, visas, vaccinations, criminal background check and spending money.
- The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- All entrants into the Promotion and the winner are also subject to the International Volunteer HQ Terms and Conditions of Service.
- The Promotion and these conditions of entry are governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of New Zealand.