- These terms and conditions relate to the "Summer Experience" promotion ("Promotion") operated by International Volunteer HQ Limited (NZBN 9429033430133), 99 Devon Street West, New Plymouth, New Zealand ("IVHQ").
- Information on the prize and how to enter form part of these conditions of entry. By entering this Promotion, you agree to be bound by these conditions of entry and all decisions of IVHQ which are final in all matters relating to the Promotion. The Promotion and these conditions of entry are void to the extent prohibited by law.
- IVHQ reserves the right to change these conditions of entry without prior notice. All dates are subject to change if necessary in IVHQ’s discretion. Any changes to these conditions of entry will be published on the IVHQ website at www.volunteerhq.org.
- Employees of IVHQ, Intern Abroad HQ and their subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and members of their immediate families or households, are ineligible to enter this Promotion.
- The Promotion commences at 5:00pm (PDT) May 12th, 2019 and closes at 4:00pm (PDT) May 30th 2019 ("Promotional Period"). Entries received outside of the Promotional Period will not be accepted.
The rules of the Promotion and how to enter are as follows:
All entrants into the Promotion must:
- be 18 years of age or older;
- hold a valid passport with at least 6 months validity at the date of travel;
- have been accepted to join an IVHQ Program having applied on the IVHQ website
- The Promotion is open to anyone worldwide who meets the requirements in clause 6(a).
- To enter the Promotion, entrants must register through their myIVHQ profile on the my.volunteerhq.org website for any IVHQ volunteer abroad program ("IVHQ Program") during the Promotional Period by paying the registration fee associated with their chosen IVHQ Program ("Registration Fee").
- Entries are deemed to be received at the time the Registration Fee payment is received by IVHQ and IVHQ records are conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- IVHQ will judge the competition and the winner will be picked at random from all valid entries on May 31st, 2019 at IVHQ's offices in New Plymouth, New Zealand.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Facebook/Instagram/Twitter within 28 days of the end of the Promotional Period. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, IVHQ reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Upon accepting the prize, the winner's name will be published on IVHQ's social media channels. The decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into, including in the event of a dispute. By registering you consent to having your name shared if you are selected as the winner of the Promotion and accept the prize.
- IVHQ reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion if it considers, in its sole discretion, the administration of the Promotion is impaired for technical or other reasons beyond its reasonable control and, in such an event, may select the winner from all valid entries received prior to the impairment.
- All entrants into the Promotion must:
The prize is as follows:
- A flight credit valued at US$1,000 ("Flight Credit"), Registration Fee credit valued at US$299, Insurance to the value of US$150 and Airport Drop Off to the value of US$50.
- The Flight Credit may only be put towards return flights from the winner’s country of residence to the IVHQ Program destination.
- Flights must be the most direct route to the IVHQ Program destination. Additional layovers or transport costs are at the winner's sole discretion and expense.
- The prize winner must travel and begin their IVHQ Program before June 1st, 2020 and the flight booking must be confirmed with IVHQ Flights before January 1st, 2020. If the winner is, for whatever reason, unable to confirm the booking before January 1st, 2020 or travel before June 1st, 2020, whether the failure was due to reasons beyond the winner's control or otherwise, then the winner will forfeit the prize.
- The Flight Credit may not be used to pay for any fees or additional flight costs where the winner has already booked flights or wishes to change or cancel their flights for whatever reason.
- The Flight Credit cannot be refunded, transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash.
- Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for IVHQ to use the Promotion winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- The Insurance Credit may only be used towards the winner’s personal insurance during their IVHQ program and must be booked through IVHQ’s insurance provider.
- The prize winner is solely responsible for ensuring they have adequate insurance cover through IVHQ’s insurance provider. Should the required insurance cover exceed US$150, it’s the responsibility of the prize winner to pay the remainder.
- Should the insurance cost be less than the prize winner’s US$150 insurance credit, the remainder cannot be refunded, transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash.
- The Registration Fee credit can only be put towards the prize winner's IVHQ Registration Fee and cannot be gifted to anyone else.
- The prize winner’s previous Registration Fee payment will be refunded in full to the platform where payment was made.
- The Airport Drop Off credit is to solely be used on the prize winner’s return trip to the airport at the completion of their IVHQ program.
- The prize winner is to coordinate with their IVHQ Program Manager the required Airport Drop Off and this will be communicated to the in-country team. The Airport Drop Off credit will be applied on behalf of the prize winner.
The winner of this Promotion must also:
- Submit photos, videos and blog content from their volunteer trip (within 4 weeks of completing the program) to be shared on either IVHQ’s or Intern Abroad HQ’s website and social media channels, subject to IVHQ's review.
- Ensure all content shared with external networks and social media platforms is aligned with guidelines provided by IVHQ or Intern Abroad HQ prior to the recipient’s volunteer trip.
- The winner will be responsible for covering all other costs associated with traveling to and from the IVHQ Program, including but not limited to flights (for any amount over the US$1,000 flight credit), travel insurance (for any amount over US$150), visas, vaccinations, criminal background check and spending money.
- The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- The winner acknowledges that IVHQ Flights is operated by a third party and the winner agrees to comply with all terms and conditions of using the IVHQ Flights platform.
- All entrants into the Promotion and the winner are also subject to the International Volunteer HQ Terms and Conditions of Service.
- The Promotion and these conditions of entry are governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of New Zealand.