Thank you for entering our sister organization Intern Abroad HQ’s remote internship scholarship. Entries have closed and we will be contacting the scholarship winner via email before 8 July 2020.
In the meantime, you can browse Intern Abroad HQ’s remote internships, take the quiz to find out which online internship best suits your skills, experience and career goals, or check out some of the cutting-edge organizations across the globe that Intern Abroad HQ places interns with.
If you missed out on the scholarship, you can still apply for one of Intern Abroad HQ’s affordable remote internships! These internships are 100% personalized with flexible year-round placements that allow you to start when you like, choose your own hours and focus on what’s important to your professional development.
- Accounting & Finance
- Business Admin & Start Ups
- Computer Science & IT
- Environmental & Marine Sciences
- Law & International Relations
- Marketing & Communications
- Psychology & Social Work
What’s included in Intern Abroad HQ's remote internships?
- Placement in a cutting-edge organization abroad, working on real projects with experienced professionals
- Expert guidance, personalized online orientation and coaching from your Internship Supervisor, Coordinator and Manager
- A custom-built Remote Internship Manual to set your objectives and track your achievements
- 100% customizable schedule, developed in collaboration with your Internship Coordinator
- Guided experiential learning course to help you articulate your experience, skills and strengths to future employers
- International reference letter
Why do a remote internship with Intern Abroad HQ?
Intern Abroad HQ's virtual internships are expertly crafted to suit your personal interests, career goals and academic or course credit requirements. They include a unique experiential learning curriculum that helps you develop in-demand skills and articulate your unique strengths to employers, making future job applications a piece of cake!
Affordable global experiencesCompetitively priced placements with international organizations that enhance your cultural intelligence, self-awareness and global understanding.
Exclusive experiential learning curriculumOur reflection-based curriculum supports your learning experience to foster transferable skills that are essential for employability.
Customized for youOur flexible internships are tailored to meet your course credit, academic major or career path requirements, with remote and in-country options across 13 destinations.
Socially & environmentally responsibleAs a certified B Corporation, our impact on interns, local teams, communities and the environment is audited and held to the highest standards
- These terms and conditions relate to the “Remote Internship Scholarship” promotion ("Promotion") operated by Intern Abroad HQ, a division of International Volunteer HQ Limited (NZBN 9429033430133), 99 Devon Street West, New Plymouth, New Zealand ("IVHQ").
- Information on the prize and how to enter form part of these conditions of entry. By entering this Promotion, you agree to be bound by these conditions of entry and all decisions of Intern Abroad HQ which are final in all matters relating to the Promotion. The Promotion and these conditions of entry are void to the extent prohibited by law.
- Intern Abroad HQ reserves the right to change these conditions of entry without prior notice. All dates are subject to change if necessary in Intern Abroad HQ’s discretion. Any changes to these conditions of entry will be published on the Intern Abroad HQ website at www.internhq.com
- Employees of IVHQ, Intern Abroad HQ and their subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and members of their immediate families or households, are ineligible to enter this Promotion.
- The Promotion commences on May 6, 2020 and closes at midnight PDT on June 7, 2020 ("Promotional Period"). Entries received outside of the Promotional Period will not be accepted.
- The rules of the Promotion and how to enter are as follows:
- All entrants into the Promotion must:
- be 18 years of age or older;
- meet the requirements to join a remote internship with Intern Abroad HQ and have a clean criminal record.
- The Promotion is open to anyone worldwide who meets the requirements in clause 6(a).
- Entries are deemed to be received at the time the “Remote Internship Scholarship” submission is received by Intern Abroad HQ and Intern Abroad HQ records are conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Intern Abroad HQ will judge the competition and the winner will be picked from all valid entries on June 8, 2020 at IVHQ's offices in New Plymouth, New Zealand.
- The winner will be notified by email within 28 days of the end of the Promotional Period. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, Intern Abroad HQ reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Upon accepting the prize, the winner's name will be published on IVHQ and Intern Abroad HQ’s social media channels. The decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into, including in the event of a dispute. By registering you consent to having your name shared if you are selected as the winner of the Promotion and accept the prize.
- IVHQ reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion if it considers, in its sole discretion, the administration of the Promotion is impaired for technical or other reasons beyond its reasonable control and, in such an event, may select the winner from all valid entries received prior to the impairment.
- All entrants into the Promotion must:
- The prize is as follows:
- A 100-hour remote internship credit valued at US$949 (“Remote Internship Credit”).
- Prize conditions:
- The Remote Internship Credit may only be put towards a 100-hour Intern Abroad HQ remote internship.
- The prize winner must begin their Intern Abroad HQ program before June 30, 2021. If the winner is, for whatever reason, unable to start the internship before June 30, 2021, whether the failure was due to reasons beyond the winner's control or otherwise, then the winner will forfeit the prize.
- The Remote Internship Credit may not be used to pay for any fees or additional flight costs where the winner has already booked flights or wishes to change or cancel their flights for whatever reason.
- Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for IVHQ and Intern Abroad HQ to use the Promotion winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- The Remote Internship Credit cannot be refunded, transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash.
- The Remote Internship Credit can only be put towards the prize winner's Intern Abroad HQ’s remote internship program and cannot be gifted to anyone else.
- If the prize winner has already registered to start a remote internship program with Intern Abroad HQ, the prize winner’s previous Deposit payment will be refunded in full to the platform where payment was made.
- The winner of this Promotion must also:
- Upon request, share content (testimonials, videos and/or blog content) from their remote internship experience (within 4 weeks of completing the program) and accept the use of this content by IVHQ and Intern Abroad HQ on their website and in other marketing channels, including but not limited to social media and email.
- Ensure all content shared with external networks and social media platforms is aligned with guidelines provided by IVHQ or Intern Abroad HQ prior to the recipient’s remote internship program.
- The winner will be responsible for covering any other costs associated with completing an Intern Abroad HQ remote internship, including but not limited to access to computer hardware, internet, rent and power.
- The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or any other external platform.
- All entrants into the Promotion and the winner are also subject to the International Volunteer HQ Terms and Conditions of Service.
- The Promotion and these conditions of entry are governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of New Zealand.