Affordable volunteer vacations for singles trusted by 115,000+ travellers
Ready to step outside of your comfort zone and see the world from a different perspective? Solo volunteering abroad is one of the best ways to build confidence, gain independence and give back to local communities around the world.
International Volunteer HQ offers the world’s most popular and trusted solo volunteer abroad programs in over 50 destinations, including Ghana, Croatia, Costa Rica, Nepal, Zanzibar, Guatemala, Portugal and much more. With Program Fees starting from just $180, IVHQ provides a range of safe, affordable and impactful volunteer opportunities abroad for international solo travellers.
The best part? When you volunteer abroad with IVHQ, you’ll never be alone. We provide wrap-around support from start to finish, along with 24/7 in-country assistance. Plus, you never know who you’ll meet along the way.
The majority of IVHQ's volunteer programs are currently open and hosting volunteers, in line with local government and health guidelines. With our flexible booking policy you can make unlimited free changes to your trip up to 14 days before your start date.
Travel solo, not alone
Did you know that more than 70% of our volunteers are Travelling solo and for 90%, it's there first time volunteering with IVHQ? Volunteering abroad solo gives you the freedom and flexibility to shape your volunteer experience in whatever way you’d like. You’ll be empowered to make a difference while exploring a new culture - all on your own terms.
All of our programs are open to solo volunteers - discover a few of our top rated solo volunteer opportunities below.
"I had a blast in Cusco, even in the middle of Covid-19. I went solo, but made lots of friends along my travels. My advice for others? Go for it. It all starts with picking a date, committing to an IVHQ program and the rest falls into place." - Nate McKay, Peru - CuscoREAD MORE REVIEWS
Why volunteer abroad on a solo vacation in 2021 & 2022
- Build confidence and push yourself out of your comfort zone
- Find your independence and get to know the real you
- Meet new people and build meaningful friendships easily
- Immerse yourself fully in a culture by living like the locals
- Focus on the skills you’d like to cultivate and form new goals
- Make a visible impact that you can attribute to your personal input
- Give back to communities and causes that value you as an individual
- Feel complete freedom without having to compromise for a travel partner
- Return home energized, motivated and with a fresh perspective on life
"I was a first time solo traveler, nervous and was not sure what to expect. I loved every minute of my experience with IVHQ. This was the best experience of my life! My only regret? I wish I stayed in Costa Rica longer than 1 week!" - Kellen Skorupski, Costa RicaREAD MORE REVIEWS