At a glance…
- Available year-round
- Special Wildlife Conservation project
- Program based on a private game reserve in the province of Matabeleland North
- Accommodation is in single rooms and located within the conservation centre
- Program fees include airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support
- Program fees from US$1020 (approximately AU$1457) for 2 weeks
- Volunteers live in the midst of the magnificent UNESCO World Heritage Site of Victoria Falls
- Between 5 and 15 volunteers start in Victoria Falls each month
It felt like home. Everyone on staff felt like family to me. I learned so much from this trip and I gained so much. I am definitely going back. I'm already planning my next trip!
Volunteer opportunities in Victoria Falls
4-6 hours volunteering per day
Program Fees from AU$1457
- Duration: 2 - 12 weeks
- Programs start every first and third Monday of the month
- Based at a private game reserve
- Volunteers aged 18+, and 16+ accompanied
Incredible experiences await as a volunteer helping iconic African wildlife in a private game reserve. Based near the spectacular Victoria Falls, you’ll help local conservationists with a range of protection and research activities.
- Most affordable fees - as the world leader in affordable volunteer travel, we’re able to keep our fees low by partnering with a local organisation in Victoria Falls to support meaningful community projects and local employment.
- Superior support - your experienced IVHQ Program Manager, teamed with our local team in Victoria Falls will ensure you feel supported every step of the way - from planning to volunteering.
- Responsible projects - we’re dedicated to ensuring that our projects are responsibly run and have sustainable positive impacts that are supporting local needs.
- Online training - as soon as you register on an IVHQ program, you will gain access to our interactive volunteer training to ensure you’re well prepared for your program.
- Safety-first - volunteer safety is a top priority for IVHQ and we have clear standards for risk management on each program. You can feel confident that you are placed with trustworthy institutions, organisations and families that have been screened by our local teams.
- New friendships - as an IVHQer, you’ll always be in the company of friendly locals and like-minded volunteer travellers who will quickly become your life-long friends.
- Epic weekend adventures - you’ll have your weekends free to explore Victoria Falls with your new-found friends.