We make flying for good easy
Finding flights online can be stressful, time-consuming and straight up confusing. With years of extensive volunteer travel experience behind us, International Volunteer HQ makes booking flights easy and affordable for our volunteers.
To provide our volunteers with the most affordable humanitarian flights, we’ve partnered with Skyscanner, the world-leading flight search tool.
Why search for flights through IVHQ?
Discounted fares for IVHQ volunteers
Our partnership with Skyscanner gives you access to the best online fares across all airlines globally.
Trusted by millions of travelers
Over 100 million people visit Skyscanner every month to book flights
World’s best selection of flights
Skycanner’s global network of flight providers gives you the widest choice
Book direct with the airline - no extra fees
Once you’ve found the best flight, you book directly with the provider. We don’t add any extra fees.
Start your flight search here
Important information - read before booking your flights
Here are a few things to keep in mind when booking your flight to participate in an volunteer program with International Volunteer HQ:
- We strongly recommend waiting until your registration has been fully confirmed by IVHQ before booking flights.
- The airport you need to fly into is listed in your IVHQ Program Guide within the Arrival section. Click here to log into your MyIVHQ account.
- For most IVHQ programs, you should arrive no later than the day before your program start date. However, some programs differ. Please check the specific arrival instructions for your program in your IVHQ Program Guide.
- Should you wish to arrive earlier or depart later, extra nights of accommodation may be booked through your IVHQ Program Manager at an extra nightly cost (subject to availability).
- Double check your departure and arrival dates, times, and cities. This is particularly important when crossing time zones and when booking overnight flights.
- You should plan to arrive at the airport 3 hours prior to your international departure. Be sure to factor this time into your itinerary planning.
- When you arrive at your destination, you will be greeted at the airport by a representative of the local IVHQ team and transported to your volunteer accommodation. Your transfer from the airport and accommodation during your volunteering is covered by your IVHQ Program Fee.
- If you plan to arrive at your destination prior to your volunteer program, we can arrange for you to be picked up on the day before your program orientation. Please contact your IVHQ Program Manager to arrange this.
- Give yourself plenty of layover time between flight segments: at least one hour for domestic and 2 hours for international flights. Flight delays happen. Plan as if you will be delayed to minimize the risk of missing your connecting flight.
- Review all the terms and conditions that apply to your ticket prior to purchase, particularly around refundability.
Travel insurance is compulsory for all IVHQ volunteers - click here to read why.
The vast majority of volunteers take out travel insurance specifically for their IVHQ program. We’ve partnered with CISI to offer specialist travel insurance for volunteers who hail from more than 150 countries around the world. Learn more about IVHQ Travel Insurance here..