We make flying for good easy
Finding flights online can be stressful, time-consuming and straight up confusing. With years of extensive volunteer travel experience behind us, International Volunteer HQ makes booking flights easy and affordable for our volunteers.
With 20+ years of experience, StudentUniverse works with more than 200 global airlines, including Virgin Atlantic, British Airways, Qatar Airways and more to give you exclusive flight discounts that can’t be found anywhere else.
Having booked countless travel itineraries, StudentUniverse can help you book affordable flights for your humanitarian volunteer trip in an easy, convenient and budget friendly way!
StudentUniverse flights at a glance:
- World leading site for booking volunteer and humanitarian flights
- Affordable fares at discounted prices for IVHQ volunteers
- Only partners with trusted, reliable, safe and quality airlines
- We organise the logistics behind your airport pick-up
- Personalised advice from a real travel expert
- See our FAQs
How to book discounted flights with StudentUniverse:
Follow these four easy steps to gain access to affordable volunteer and humanitarian flights...
Why book your flights with StudentUniverse?
Our partnership with StudentUniverse gives you access to discounted flight fares which can’t be found elsewhere.
Because luck isn’t enough, StudentUniverse has a 24/7 support line with agents ready to help if your travel plans don’t go to schedule.
We ensure your arrival and departure will fit with your volunteer program. We know all of the tricks to keep your trip affordable and easy.
Feeling safe and comfortable in your booking is key to an enjoyable journey. StudentUniverse only selects reliable and trusted airlines for our volunteers.
StudentUniverse can book convenient flight deals for groups with one account manager and an optional tool that collects payment from your group members directly.
We do the research so you don’t have to! Simply use IVHQ’s reliable booking portal on StudentUniverse for instant access to affordable fares.
If you would rather book with a person, feel free to submit your request here. For general enquiries or assistance using this booking tool, please contact IVHQ@studentuniverse.com or +1- 617-321-3164.
For emergency assistance while traveling, please contact the StudentUniverse Customer Care Center support number: +1-800-272-9676 within the US, +0808-234-4107 within the UK and +1-617-321-3100 from everywhere else.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when booking your flight to participate in an volunteer program with International Volunteer HQ:
- We strongly recommend waiting until your registration has been fully confirmed by IVHQ before booking flights.
- The airport you need to fly into is listed in your IVHQ Program Guide within the Arrival section. Click here to log into your MyIVHQ account.
- For most IVHQ programs, you should arrive no later than the day before your program start date. However, some programs differ. Please check the specific arrival instructions for your program in your IVHQ Program Guide.
- Should you wish to arrive earlier or depart later, extra nights of accommodation may be booked through your IVHQ Program Manager at an extra nightly cost (subject to availability).
- Double check your departure and arrival dates, times, and cities. This is particularly important when crossing time zones and when booking overnight flights.
- You should plan to arrive at the airport 3 hours prior to your international departure. Be sure to factor this time into your itinerary planning.
- When you arrive at your destination, you will be greeted at the airport by a representative of the local IVHQ team and transported to your volunteer accommodation. Your transfer from the airport and accommodation during your volunteering is covered by your IVHQ Program Fee.
- If you plan to arrive at your destination prior to your volunteer program, we can arrange for you to be picked up on the day before your program orientation. Please contact your IVHQ Program Manager to arrange this.
- Give yourself plenty of layover time between flight segments: at least one hour for domestic and 2 hours for international flights. Flight delays happen. Plan as if you will be delayed to minimize the risk of missing your connecting flight.
- Review all the terms and conditions that apply to your ticket prior to purchase, particularly around refundability.
- Your flights will be booked through StudentUniverse, who can help you with all flight-related enquiries. By using the quote widget above and mentioning IVHQ when you correspond with StudentUniverse, you’ll benefit from the best flight prices that are available for IVHQ volunteers.
Travel insurance is compulsory for all IVHQ volunteers - click here to read why.
The vast majority of volunteers take out travel insurance specifically for their IVHQ program. World Nomads offers specialist travel insurance for volunteers who hail from more than 150 countries around the world. Click here to request a travel insurance quote for your trip from World Nomads.
If you are travelling with a group of 10 or more and would like to request a free, no-obligation flights quote from StudentUniverse, click ‘Groups’ when you visit the International Volunteer HQ Booking Portal. This will give you access to a dedicated account manager who can offer negotiated discounts with over 80 airlines globally.