Our volunteer programs exist to empower socially and environmentally-conscious travelers to make a meaningful impact, to foster cultural exchange and to expand their skills and horizons – this is our purpose.
We’re the facilitators, but it’s the incredible contributions from our volunteers that make it all possible. We’re here so that, as a collective, we can make a difference.See how you can make a difference
How IVHQ volunteers make an impact
Here are just a few of the amazing achievements from IVHQ volunteers on our programs:
Discovered 6 previously unknown species of bird, snake, skink and frog.
Constructed a dam to provide clean drinking water for a hill tribe village.
Outdoor Volunteer Work
Provide 1,500+ hours of sports sessions yearly to keep kids off the streets.
We contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals by the United Nations
The Sustainable Development Goals are the blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all. They address the global challenges we face, including poverty, inequality, climate change, environmental degradation, peace and justice.
All IVHQ volunteer programs work towards one or more Sustainable Development Goals. Volunteers directly contribute to initiatives that promote good health, quality education, climate action, reduced inequalities, no poverty, zero hunger, life on land, life below water and much more.
How IVHQ employees make an impact
As a certified B Corporation, we believe that every organization has an active role to play in supporting the community in which they operate. To date, IVHQ has invested more than $200,000 into locally-run clubs, organizations and social enterprises that address important social or environmental needs.
Here are just a few of the awesome ways the IVHQ team has supported the local community in New Zealand:
- Sponsored the environmental education program, Enviroschools, which is focused on supporting children and young people in New Zealand to understand and implement sustainability practices within their communities
- Sponsored volunteer organizations within our local community, including Big Brothers Big Sisters, Hospice New Zealand, Taranaki Cancer Society, Surf Life Saving and the Taranaki Rescue Helicopter Trust
- Launched a program which recognizes and celebrates volunteers who give back to the sport of rugby in collaboration with the Taranaki Rugby Union
- Launched an Athletes In Schools program to give young people the opportunity to engage with an Olympic medalist and learn about the dedication and focus that it takes to perform at the highest level
- Introduced a Social Innovation Award as part of the New Zealand Young Enterprise Scheme to encourage aspiring young business leaders in our community to actively consider how they can develop businesses concepts to deliver sustainable positive impact
- Planted hundreds of trees within the local community in collaboration with the New Plymouth District Council
- Took part in and supported beach clean-ups across Auckland in collaboration with Sustainable Coastlines
- Regularly support home renovation projects for deserving families at Christmas with the Mellowpuff Trust
Which impactful program best suits you?Find your volunteer program
”I really loved my Special Needs Care volunteer program in Vietnam. Each day is packed with things to do and so at the end of each day, you really feel like you did something to impact someone’s life. There is full support from the IVHQ staff to support you prior, during and after your trip. I really recommend these volunteer projects to anyone wanting to help out the community and make a difference to someone’s life.”