Comfort Seeker Travelers
Considering a volunteer abroad adventure but don’t want to compromise on quality or home comforts? Perhaps you’re feeling anxious about staying safe in a foreign environment, or simply want to enjoy a volunteer vacation with quality accommodation, food, and space to relax. With International Volunteer HQ, you can have it all! We offer private room accommodation upgrades and delicious, home-cooked meals, as well as plenty of support, preparation tools, and an in-country orientation to ensure your volunteer trip is smooth, hassle-free and comfortable!
IVHQ offers the world’s most extensive range of high quality accommodation options for volunteer travelers with 40+ countries to choose from. To help narrow down your options, we’ve shortlisted the program recommendations based on the top-rated accommodation options below.
“The island we stayed on was truly a peaceful sanctuary. We got to chill on the beautiful hammocks, read books, get to know each other, paddle board and work out in the coolest gym built by the staff. The food also exceeded my expectations. Everything was cooked from scratch by a local chef who was extremely talented and poured his soul into every meal. No meals were repeated and we were fed three times a day.”Read about Sarah's experience
“I had no troubles traveling and volunteering solo. The online training was really helpful and all the information I needed to know was in the Program Guide. Whenever I had a question, the team were easy to communicate with. Having that extra level of support puts your mind at ease and lets you travel with confidence. From the moment the local team picked me up at the airport, I was struck by how amazing and friendly they were. The accommodation was very comfortable, it was clean and had everything I needed.”Read about Noor's experience
How to volunteer abroad with IVHQ
Whether you’re looking to volunteer somewhere close to home or far away, by a beach or in a rainforest, in a city or off the beaten track, IVHQ has volunteer programs in 40+ countries to suit all travel types.
Having the adventure of a lifetime can be done in 5 easy steps:
- Apply for your chosen destination and project
- Confirm your place by paying the Registration Fee
- Prepare for your trip with the guidance of your IVHQ Program Manager
- Depart for your destination
- Our local team will collect you from the airport and support you every step of the way!
Already know where you want to travel to?Apply today
Best volunteer abroad programs for comfort seeker travellers
The following volunteer programs all receive high ratings on accommodation and meals, and have private room upgrades available.
All IVHQ programs offer fully vetted, comfortable and high quality accommodation options, many with private room upgrades available.
Our top rated destinations based on the best accommodation include:
- Bali: The volunteer house in Lovina has a pool and Ubud offers private room upgrades
- Zambia: Great private room upgrades available)
- Nepal: Specifically the Elephant Conservation project as it includes accommodation in a hotel room)
- Victoria Falls: You get your own private room on a game reserve included in this program
- Thailand - Hua Hin: You can get a private room upgrade at a lovely nearby hotel with a pool
- Europe: Most of our Europe accommodation is in hostels, which offer high quality private room upgrades
Please note, accommodation upgrades are subject to availability.
Private room upgrades are popular and subject to availability. We always recommend applying and registering for your chosen IVHQ program as soon as possible to ensure you can secure a private room upgrade before they get booked out.
Here’s how to book your private room upgrade:
- Check the accommodation section on the web page for the IVHQ project you are interested in. It will be noted here if private room upgrades are available.
- Apply and register for your chosen IVHQ program by paying the Registration Fee. This secures your place on the program and unlocks add-ons in your MyIVHQ account.
- In your MyIVHQ account, select and pay for the private room upgrade add-on, this will secure your place in a private room for the duration of your program. If you cannot see the upgrade option, please reach out to your IVHQ Program Manager and they will be happy to help.