Volunteer in Asia
Considering a volunteer trip to Asia? International Volunteer HQ has 14 years experience in providing the world’s most trusted and affordable Asia volunteer programs. From environmental conservation and volunteering with animals to community development, medical, childcare and teaching English in Asia - there’s something to suit all ages and interests.
By volunteering in Asia, you’ll play a hands-on role in supporting important community projects, be immersed in the unique and vibrant cultures and gain insight into ancient cultures, inspiring traditions and unmatched hospitality.Apply Now
Why volunteer abroad in Asia with IVHQ?
Whether you want to volunteer in Southeast Asia as part of your gap year or find short-term humanitarian work in Asia, IVHQ’s programs are available year-round and you can volunteer for 1 - 24 weeks. With flexible booking, additional Covid-19 safety measures, program orientation, 24/7 support, safe accommodation, meaningful volunteer work and everything in-country organised for you, IVHQ offers the best volunteer opportunities in Asia.
Best Asia volunteer programs abroad in 2022 & 2023
Discover the top places to volunteer in Asia right now. You can find out more about Covid-19 entry requirements here and explore our full range of Asia volunteer opportunities below.
”The 4 weeks I volunteered with IVHQ in Nepal was absolutely amazing. Being able to observe and learn from a medical system that is very different to the one I am used to was extremely surreal but interesting. Besides, the mountainous views wherever we went and the lovely people in Nepal always made us feel very welcome. I would definitely recommend!”
Where do you want to explore next?Find your volunteer program
Common questions about volunteering in Asia
What volunteer work in Asia does IVHQ offer?
Volunteering in Asia in 2022 or 2023 is an opportunity to make a significant impact during a time of need.
IVHQ offers a huge range of volunteer projects in Asia, which have been set up to tackle the most pressing issues in each region. Whether you want to teach English, support construction projects, medical programs, care for children, contribute to conservation initiatives or volunteer with animals in Asia, IVHQ’s programs are suitable for volunteers with a range of skills and experience.
What are the most popular volunteer opportunities in Asia?
- Sea Turtle Conservation in Bali
- Special Needs Care in Vietnam
- Medical in India
- Teaching English in Cambodia
- Women’s Education in Nepal
- Wild Elephant Conservation in Sri Lanka
- Hill Tribe Support in Thailand
- Environmental in the Philippines
- Teaching English in China
- Construction & Renovation in Laos
- Kindergarten in Bali
How much does it cost to volunteer in Asia?
IVHQ makes it super easy and affordable to book volunteer trips to Asia. Our fully hosted Asia volunteer programs start from only $250 for 1 week and include accommodation, meals, airport pickup, orientation and comprehensive support services that you won’t find elsewhere.
How to volunteer in Asia
Applying to volunteer in Asia is simple! Once you’ve decided which country you want to travel to and which volunteer project in Asia you would like to join, you can apply online. It’s free, only takes a few minutes and there is no commitment needed at this stage. Our team of Volunteer Travel Specialists will then guide you through the next steps to secure your spot and start preparing for your trip.
You can learn more about how to get started here.
What are the best Asia mission trips for 2022 & 2023?
IVHQ offers a diverse range of mission trips to Asia. Whether you want to volunteer in Southeast Asia or Central Asia, choose from 10 of the most sought after countries where you can complete your humanitarian work in Asia:
- Bali - Ubud, Lovina & Nusa Penida
- Cambodia - Phnom Penh, Siem Reap & Battambang
- China - Xi’an & surrounding suburbs
- India - Delhi & Kerala
- Laos - Honkau Village and Vientiane region
- Nepal - Kathmandu, Chitwan, Chitland & Pokhara
- Philippines - Aborlan District in the island of Palawan
- Sri Lanka - Kandi and Wasgamuwa National Park
- Thailand - Hua Hin & Chiang Rai
- Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh City & surrounding suburbs
Is it safe to volunteer in Asia?
Thousands of IVHQ volunteers travel to Asia every year without encountering any issues. We have a comprehensive approach to managing safety and reducing risks across all of our programs, which gives volunteers the knowledge and confidence they need to stay safe, secure and healthy. This includes:
- All local teams are trained in volunteer management, are required to undertake first aid training and ensure that programs adhere to IVHQ’s Risk Management Policy.
- All IVHQ volunteers receive pre-departure and 24/7 in-country support, are required to have travel insurance and are strongly encouraged to take our online pre-departure training which can be accessed for free.
- Covid-19: IVHQ’s volunteer programs have only reopened in countries where local government and health guidelines deem it safe. With additional health and safety measures in place along with our flexible booking policy, you can book your volunteer trip to Asia with confidence.