Volunteering in Belize: At a glance
- Available year-round
- Incredibly unique Marine Conservation volunteer experience
- One-of-a-kind accommodation on a private island off the coast of mainland Belize
- PADI Open Water certification courses offered on the island
- Affordable programs from only US$855 (approximately £645) for 1 week
- Program fees include island transfer, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support
- Between 10 and 20 volunteers start in Belize each month
Volunteer opportunities in Belize
3-5 hours volunteering per day
Program Fees from £645
- Duration: 1 - 8 weeks
- Programs start every Monday
Based on a stunning small island in the Caribbean, help local scientists with a range of scuba diving tasks to conserve the environment and protect marine life.
Fill out the quick form below to find out what the Covid-19 restrictions and visa requirements are for Belize, based on your country of residence.
- Most affordable fees - as the world leader in affordable volunteer travel, we’re able to keep our fees low by partnering with a local organisation in Belize to support meaningful community projects and local employment.
- Superior support - your experienced IVHQ Program Manager, teamed with our local team in Belize will ensure you feel supported every step of the way - from planning to volunteering.
- Responsible projects - we’re dedicated to ensuring that our projects are responsibly run and have sustainable positive impacts that are supporting local needs.
- Online training - as soon as you register on an IVHQ program, you will gain access to our interactive volunteer training to ensure you’re well prepared for your program.
- Safety-first - volunteer safety is a top priority for IVHQ and we have clear standards for risk management on each program. You can feel confident that you are placed with trustworthy institutions, organisations and families that have been screened by our local teams.
- New friendships - as an IVHQer, you’ll always be in the company of friendly locals and like-minded volunteer travellers who will quickly become your life-long friends.
- Epic weekend adventures - you’ll have your weekends free to explore Belize with your new-found friends.