Volunteer in the Middle East
Ready to explore the beauty of the Middle East? International Volunteer HQ has 14 years experience in providing the most trusted and affordable volunteer programs in the Middle East and 50+ other destinations around the world.
IVHQ offers a one-of-a-kind volunteer program in the Middle East, situated in Jordan - a safe and unique country where volunteers can immerse themselves in the vibrant cultures while giving back to the local community.
Volunteers who wish to go to the Middle East can choose from a range of impactful projects in Jordan, including Youth Support, Teaching, Special Needs Support, Arts and Music, Women’s Education and a unique Ramadan project.Apply Now
Why volunteer abroad in the Middle East with IVHQ?
Our Jordan volunteer program is top-rated, attracting volunteers from all over the world who want to discover the Middle East and contribute to exciting community projects.
Volunteer work in Jordan is available year round, from periods ranging from one week to 12 weeks. Regardless of how long you choose to volunteer in the Middle East, you can be assured your assistance will make a genuine difference to a community in need.
With flexible booking, additional Covid-19 safety measures, program orientation, 24/7 support, safe accommodation, meaningful volunteer work and everything in-country organised for you, IVHQ offers the best Middle East volunteer programs.
Best volunteer opportunities in the Middle East in 2022 or 2023
Discover IVHQ’s unique volunteer projects in the Middle East. Learn about Covid-19 entry requirements here.
”I enjoyed every minute that I spent with the children at my placement and in my host family. They were so warm and kind to me and the lead teacher at my placement was so nice to me as well. She showed me around and translated for me during the class when needed. I loved it sooooooo much, it was the best week I have ever had and I really want to come back!”
Where do you want to explore next?Find your volunteer program
Common questions about volunteering in the Middle East
What volunteer work in the Middle East does IVHQ offer?
Volunteering in the Middle East in 2022 or 2023 is an opportunity to make a significant impact during a time of need.
Whether you’re interested in Teaching, Women’s Education or Arts and Music, IVHQ has a range of volunteer projects in Jordan to meet your interests and skills. For those who want to learn more about Ramadan and the Muslim culture, our Ramadan volunteer program is a unique experience you won’t want to miss.
How much does it cost to volunteer in the Middle East?
IVHQ makes it super easy and affordable to book volunteer trips to the Middle East. Our fully hosted volunteer projects in Jordan start from only $645 for 1 week and include accommodation, meals, airport pickup, orientation and comprehensive support services that you won’t find elsewhere.
How to volunteer in the Middle East
Applying to volunteer in Jordan is simple! Once you’ve decided which project you would like to join, you can apply online. It’s free, only takes a few minutes and there is no commitment needed at this stage. Our team of Volunteer Travel Specialists will then guide you through the next steps to secure your spot and start preparing for your trip.
You can learn more about how to get started here.
What are the best IVHQ tours to join in the Middle East?
Jordan is home to some incredible bucket list attractions, including the Dead Sea, Mount Nebo, Wadi Rum, and one of the New Wonders of the World; the ancient city of Petra. IVHQ offers all-inclusive excursions to many of Jordan’s main attractions, exclusively available to volunteers at an affordable price. Options include:
- Mid and South Jordan Experience: take a road trip guided by a local expert and explore Mount Nebo, Aqaba City, Madaba City, the Dead Sea, Petra and Wadi Rum. Costs start at just AU$451 for a 2-day excursion.
- North Jordan Experience: Embark on a 1-day road trip around the incredible archaeological sites of North Jordan, including Umm Qais, Golan Heights, Ajloun Castle and Jerash. You’ll learn about the geopolitical site of Golan Heights and visit many ancient ruins alongside a local guide - all starting at just AU$218 for a 1-day experience.
Is it safe to volunteer in the Middle East?
IVHQ has been hosting volunteers in the Middle East for over 14 years. This is backed by our comprehensive approach to managing safety and reducing risks across all of our programs, which gives volunteers the knowledge and confidence they need to stay safe, secure and healthy. This includes:
- All local teams are trained in volunteer management, are required to undertake first aid training and ensure that programs adhere to IVHQ’s Risk Management Policy.
- All IVHQ volunteers receive pre-departure and 24/7 in-country support, are required to have travel insurance and are strongly encouraged to take our online pre-departure training which can be accessed for free.
- Covid-19: IVHQ’s volunteer programs have only reopened in countries where local government and health guidelines deem it safe. With additional health and safety measures in place along with our flexible booking policy, you can book your volunteer trip to the Middle East with confidence.