Here at International Volunteer HQ we’re gearing up to celebrate reaching the milestone of placing 100,000 volunteers abroad.
It’s an extraordinary adventure when a volunteer takes the plunge, suitcase in hand, and sets off on a volunteer journey abroad to make a meaningful difference in community! We are in awe of every single one of those 100,000 experiences.
As part of celebrating all of those moments that make up the adventures - and the intrepid travelers and change-makers that made them a reality - we’re providing the chance to win 100% off your volunteer fees.
How does it work?
- Apply for your chosen volunteer abroad program. If you’ve already applied then you’re a step ahead!
- Confirm your spot by paying your $299 Registration Fee. To be eligible for the chance to win your volunteer fees with IVHQ, you will need to register on an IVHQ volunteer abroad program between 7th of March and 31st of March, 2019.
- Then you’re automatically added in to the draw to win $100% off your volunteer fees!
- The cost of your IVHQ US$299 Registration Fee, which will be refunded to the winner
- Program Fee credit (up to US$1,400) will be applied to the winner’s MyIVHQ account for the program they registered for
The Registration Fee covers your streamlined volunteer experience and one-to-one support from your dedicated Program Manager.
The Program Fee covers the expenses associated with your stay in your host country, including your airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, food and staff support. This does vary from program to program and therefore what it covers depends on the program you register for.
Promotion ends: March 31st, 5pm PDT. Read the full 100% To Celebrate 100,000 Volunteers Terms and Conditions, or keep reading our FAQs.
- Who is eligible?
- I’m already registered, can I enter the draw?
- If I am registered for 2 programs will I be entered twice?
- I am registered, should I book for my flights and other parts of my trip or wait for the 100% To Celebrate 100,000 Volunteers promotion to be drawn?
- What if I pay my Registration Fee in March and my program start date is also in March?
- Does the ‘100% To Celebrate 100,000 Volunteers’ prize have to be used for IVHQ volunteer fees?
- Does the Program Credit expire?
- What if my Program Fees are less than US$1,400?
- I’m traveling with a friend/family member can we use half of it? Or can I gift it to a friend?
- Can I redeem my credit for cash?
- Is travel insurance and flights included?
Am I eligible?
You’re elibible if you’ve confirmed your spot by paying their $299 Registration Fee between 8th of March and 31st of March, 2019. If you do win, the cost of your IVHQ Registration Fee will be refunded to you and a Program Fee credit (up to US$1,400) will be applied to your MyIVHQ account for the program you registered for.
What if I pay my Registration Fee in March and my program start date is also in March?
If that’s the case you will need to ensure you pay for your Program Fees, as these are due 30 days before your volunteer program start date. By securing your volunteer program by paying your Registration Fee in March, you’ll automatically be eligible for the 100% To Celebrate 100,000 Volunteers promotion and if you’re selected as the winner the cost of your Registration Fee and Program Fee (up to US$1,400) will be refunded to you.
I am registered, should I pay for my Program Fees or wait for the 100% To Celebrate 100,000 Volunteers to be drawn?
Yes, you should pay your Program Fees. These need to be paid when due to ensure you can volunteer on your chosen program. That way if you’re not the winner of the 100% To Celebrate 100,000 Volunteers promotion, you’ll still be prepared to volunteer abroad. And, if you are the lucky recipient of the 100% To Celebrate 100,000 Volunteers promotion, we will refund the cost of your Program Fees up to the value of US$1,400.
Does the ‘100% To Celebrate 100,000 Volunteers’ prize have to be used for IVHQ volunteer fees?
Yes. The US$299 Registration Fee and Program Fee credit (up to US$1,400) must be put towards participating on the IVHQ Program that the winner paid their Registration Fee for.
Does the prize expire?
The prize winner must travel and begin their IVHQ Program before March 31st, 2020 and the IVHQ program booking must be confirmed with IVHQ before September 30th, 2019.
Do I lose my IVHQ Program Fee Credit if I have to cancel my volunteer program?
The prize winner volunteer before March 31st, 2020 and the IVHQ program booking must be confirmed with IVHQ before September 30th, 2019. If the winner is, for whatever reason, unable to confirm the booking before September 30th, 2019 or travel before March 31st, 2020, whether the failure was due to reasons beyond the winner’s control or otherwise, then the winner will forfeit the prize.
I’m traveling with a friend/family member can we use half of it? Or can I gift it to a friend?
No. The prize can only be used by the winner and cannot be transferred to, or used by, another person.
Can I redeem my Program Fee credit for cash?
No. The Program Fee credit cannot be refunded, transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash.
Is travel insurance included?
No. The winner will be responsible for covering all other costs associated with traveling to and from the IVHQ Program, including but not limited to flights, travel insurance, visas, vaccinations, criminal background check and spending money.
I’m already registered, can I enter the draw?
No, but you can register for another program which will enter you into the draw. And, as a returning volunteer you will receive 10 percent off your Registration Fee.
If I am registered for 2 programs will I be entered twice?
Yes. Every Registration Fee is an entry into the 100% To Celebrate 100,000 Volunteers promotion.