An important aspect of volunteering abroad is ensuring you are adequately prepared before you head overseas. To help you upskill before you go, International Volunteer HQ has partnered with Global Travel Academy to offer affordable online training, designed specifically for international volunteers.
- Being well prepared enhances your ability to make a positive impact while volunteering
- You’ll increase your travel confidence and global awareness
- Gain professional development and receive a certificate to endorse your resume
- More than 90 minutes of footage, filmed across 12 destinations including interviews with travel industry experts
- Interactive modules, reflective learning activities and downloadable interactive PDF resources
- Exclusive access to an online research center
Certificate in International Volunteering
The Certificate in International Volunteering is a critical part of the preparation process for anyone heading abroad to volunteer. The course consists of 12 modules and will take approximately 3 hours to complete. It’s compatible with your mobile, tablet, laptop or desktop and highly recommended for all IVHQ volunteers.
- Anyone volunteering abroad or considering it
- Anyone looking to up-skill and gain expertise in global volunteering
- Those looking to pursue a career in international development
Certificate in Travel Health & Safety
Ideal for first time, solo or nervous travelers - the Certificate in Travel Health and Safety is a self-paced, interactive, online course that teaches the expertise needed to maintain your health and safety while traveling abroad. Through a balance of video footage and learning activities you will be advised on potential risks to your health and safety while overseas and how to reduce these risks. The course takes approximately 2 hours to complete and is compatible with your mobile, tablet, laptop or desktop.
- First time, solo or nervous travelers
- Obtaining health & safety compliance for staff or students
- Those wanting to endorse their travel on their resume