At International Volunteer HQ, we do our utmost to ensure our volunteer programs are affordable, however we realise that the total cost to volunteer abroad can still be expensive by the time that flights, insurance, and all fees are paid. Every volunteer traveller is different and while some volunteers have access to funds for their volunteer trips, there are many volunteers that need to fundraise to obtain sufficient funds to finance their trips.
To help assist volunteers with their fundraising efforts to volunteer abroad, IVHQ has developed a partnership with the crowd-funding website FundMyTravel which provides IVHQ volunteers access to professional fundraising services.
Here’s how FundMyTravel works:
- Create your fundraising page - you have the option to add photos and videos and post updates
- Share your story - let your family and friends know about your plans to volunteer abroad and why they should support you
- Spread the word - easily notify your friends and family of your fundraising efforts with built-in social media and email buttons
- Get instant payments - donations are automatically sent to your account - no waiting till you hit your full goal
- Tracks your progress - monitor how you’re tracking against your fundraising goal - you can even use FundMyTravel to track your offline support
If you would like to explore other forms of fundraising in addition to FundMyTravel, see our Volunteer Fundraising Tips page to pick up some more fundraising ideas from previous IVHQ volunteers.
Your IVHQ Program Manager can also provide you with a verification letter that you can use to help legitimize your fundraising efforts, which helps when approaching individuals or companies that do not know you. Once you have registered on an IVHQ volunteer program, simply email your IVHQ Program Manager and request a verification letter.
If you have any questions regarding fundraising for your IVHQ volunteer abroad trip, please do not hesitate to contact us.