At International Volunteer HQ, we love seeing all the videos our volunteers share from their amazing experiences abroad. It’s a powerful way to share your unique journey, and it can even help inspire others to take the leap and make an impact overseas too!
So to say a special thank you to all those creating and sharing these incredible videos, we’re running the #IVHQVideoChallenge to give you the chance to win a FREE IVHQ trip!
To enter, all you need to do is share a video from your IVHQ trip to your social media platform(s) and use the hashtag #IVHQVideoChallenge and tag @ivhq.
How to enter:
Step 1: Create your 30-60 second video
Here are some examples for inspiration:
My IVHQ Trip Highlights
Highlights reel of your favorite IVHQ volunteer experiences, including free-time and weekend activities.
Step 2: Share your video with hashtag #IVHQVideoChallenge
Share the video on your Instagram, TikTok or YouTube profiles with the hashtag #IVHQVideoChallenge
Please Note: Your profile will need to be public in order for us to see your video entry. If you do not have a public profile, please take a screenshot of your published post and email to email@example.com.
Step 3: Email your entry to IVHQ
Email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your full name, link to your video entry on your social profile and the high resolution video file as an attachment.
How do I win?
IVHQ will choose 8-10 finalists, twice a year, and will share these finalists on our IVHQ instagram profile where the public will choose their favorite by “liking” the video. The video with the most votes by the deadline will be the winner!
Voting will take place twice a year, so there are 2 prizes a year up for grabs!
Deadline for next prize:
- Entries must be submitted to IVHQ by February 14, 2024 at 11.59pm PDT
- Finalists will be shared the week commencing February 19, 2024 for public vote!
IVHQ Video Competition Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions relate to the "#IVHQVideoChallenge" promotion ("Promotion") operated by International Volunteer HQ Limited (NZBN 9429033430133), 99 Devon Street West, New Plymouth, New Zealand ("IVHQ").
- Information on the prize and how to enter form part of these conditions of entry. By entering this Promotion, you agree to be bound by these conditions of entry and all decisions of IVHQ which are final in all matters relating to the Promotion. The Promotion and these conditions of entry are void to the extent prohibited by law.
- IVHQ reserves the right to change these conditions of entry without prior notice. All dates are subject to change if necessary at IVHQ's discretion. Any changes to these conditions of entry will be published on the IVHQ website at www.volunteerhq.org.
- Employees of IVHQ, Intern Abroad HQ and their subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and members of their immediate families or households, are ineligible to enter this Promotion.
- The Promotion is ongoing. IVHQ reserves the right to stop the promotion at any time and/or change the prize details without notice.
- There will be 2 prizes available each year, details as stated in point 7.
- The rules of the Promotion and how to enter are as follows:
- All entrants into the Promotion must:
- be 16 years of age or older;
- hold a valid passport with at least 6 months validity at the date of travel;
- meet the requirements to volunteer or intern abroad with IVHQ regarding a clean criminal record.
- The Promotion is open to anyone worldwide who meets the requirements in clause 6(a).
- To enter the Promotion, entrants must submit their details and a link to their video entry via the form on the landing page (www.volunteerhq.org/video-competition/) during the Promotional Period.
- By submitting an entry, the entrant agrees for IVHQ to use their videos for promotional purposes. The entrant also agrees to send the raw video footage excluding watermarks included in the entry as requested by a member of the IVHQ team.
- All videos submitted must adhere to IVHQ’s Child Protection and Animal Welfare policies. IVHQ reserves the right to disqualify any entries that do not adhere to these policies.
- The winner will be notified by email within 28 days of the end of the Promotional Period. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, IVHQ reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and appoint a replacement winner.
- Upon accepting the prize, the winner's name will be published on IVHQ's social media channels. The decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into, including in the event of a dispute. By registering you consent to having your name shared if you are selected as the winner of the Promotion and accept the prize.
- IVHQ reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion if it considers, in its sole discretion, the administration of the Promotion is impaired for technical or other reasons beyond its reasonable control and, in such an event, may select the winner from all valid entries received prior to the impairment.
- All entrants into the Promotion must:
- The Prize is as follows:
- $329 IVHQ credit for the winner’s Registration Fee.
- $500 IVHQ credit towards the Program Fee for any IVHQ program.
- Prize conditions:
- The prize of $329 IVHQ credit will be used for a Base Registration Fee to participate in the IVHQ Program of the winner’s choice.
- The prize of $500 IVHQ credit will be put towards the Program Fee for the winner’s chosen IVHQ Program.
- If the Program Fee of the winner’s chosen program exceeds the total value of the prize, it is the responsibility of the winner to pay the remaining balance.
- The prize winner must travel and begin their IVHQ Program within 12 months of the end of the Promotional Period. If the winner is, for whatever reason, unable to confirm their program booking by this date, whether the failure was due to reasons beyond the winner's control or otherwise, then the winner will forfeit the prize.
- The Prize cannot be refunded, transferred, gifted, substituted or redeemed for cash.
- The prize does not include flights - flights will need to be organized and paid for by the prize winner after confirming their registration with IVHQ.
- Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for IVHQ to use the Promotion winner’s name, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- The winner of this Promotion must also:
- Submit photos, videos and blog content from their volunteer trip (within 4 weeks of completing the program) to be shared on IVHQ’s website and social media channels, subject to IVHQ's review.
- Ensure all content shared with external networks and social media platforms is aligned with guidelines provided by IVHQ prior to the recipient’s volunteer trip or internship.
- The winner will be responsible for covering all other costs associated with traveling to and from the IVHQ Program, including but not limited to any additional costs associated with the IVHQ Program Fee, flights, travel insurance, visas, vaccinations, criminal background check and spending money.
- The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, YouTube or TikTok.
- All entrants into the Promotion and the winner are also subject to the International Volunteer HQ Terms and Conditions of Service.
- The Promotion and these conditions of entry are governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of New Zealand.