*Entries are now closed and the winner has been contacted*
In July 2022, IVHQ was celebrating 15 years of creating meaningful travel experiences - supporting more than 120,000 volunteers to use their travel as a force for good!
IVHQ started out when our founder Dan Radcliffe discovered from his own first-hand experience that volunteering abroad needed to be more accessible, better organized and way more affordable… and so the seeds of IVHQ were planted! 15 years on, we’ve grown to become the world’s most trusted and affordable volunteer program provider - bringing together people from all walks of life to make an impact on the adventure of a lifetime!
IVHQ Birthday Quiz Promotion Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions relate to the "IVHQ Birthday Quiz" promotion ("Promotion") operated by International Volunteer HQ Limited (NZBN 9429033430133), 99 Devon Street West, New Plymouth, New Zealand ("IVHQ").
- Information on the prize and how to enter form part of these conditions of entry. By entering this Promotion, you agree to be bound by these conditions of entry and all decisions of IVHQ which are final in all matters relating to the Promotion. The Promotion and these conditions of entry are void to the extent prohibited by law.
- IVHQ reserves the right to change these conditions of entry without prior notice. All dates are subject to change if necessary at IVHQ's discretion. Any changes to these conditions of entry will be published on the IVHQ website at www.volunteerhq.org.
- Employees of IVHQ, Intern Abroad HQ and their subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and members of their immediate families or households, are ineligible to enter this Promotion.
- The Promotion commences at 5:00pm (EST) July 12th, 2022 and closes at 5:00pm (EST) July 29th 2022 ("Promotional Period"). Entries received outside of the Promotional Period will not be accepted.
- The rules of the Promotion and how to enter are as follows:
- All entrants into the Promotion must:
- be 16 years of age or older;
- hold a valid passport with at least 6 months validity at the date of travel
- The Promotion is open to anyone worldwide who meets the requirements in clause 6(a).
- To enter the Promotion, entrants must complete the quiz and submit their details via the form on Interact during the Promotional Period.
- IVHQ will randomly draw the winner from all valid entries on August 1st, 2022 at IVHQ's offices in New Plymouth, New Zealand.
- The winner will be notified by email within 28 days of the end of the Promotional Period. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, IVHQ reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Upon accepting the prize, the winner's name will be published on IVHQ's social media channels. The decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into, including in the event of a dispute. By registering you consent to having your name shared if you are selected as the winner of the Promotion and accept the prize.
- IVHQ reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion if it considers, in its sole discretion, the administration of the Promotion is impaired for technical or other reasons beyond its reasonable control and, in such an event, may select the winner from all valid entries received prior to the impairment.
- All entrants into the Promotion must:
- The Prize is as follows:
- $300 IVHQ credit ("IVHQ Credit") which can be used towards the IVHQ Registration Fee.
- Prize conditions:
- The IVHQ Credit may only be put towards a Registration Fee to participate in the IVHQ Program of the winner’s choice.
- If the winner chooses a Smart or Flexi Registration Fee over the Base Registration Fee, it is the responsibility of the prize winner to pay the remaining balance.
- The prize winner must travel and begin their IVHQ Program within 12 months of the end of the Promotional Period. If the winner is, for whatever reason, unable to confirm the booking by this date, whether the failure was due to reasons beyond the winner's control or otherwise, then the winner will forfeit the prize.
- The IVHQ Credit cannot be refunded, transferred, gifted, substituted or redeemed for cash.
- Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for IVHQ to use the Promotion winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- The winner of this Promotion must also:
- Submit photos, videos and blog content from their volunteer trip (within 4 weeks of completing the program) to be shared on either IVHQ’s or Intern Abroad HQ’s website and social media channels, subject to IVHQ's review.
- Ensure all content shared with external networks and social media platforms is aligned with guidelines provided by IVHQ or Intern Abroad HQ prior to the recipient’s volunteer trip.
- The winner will be responsible for covering all other costs associated with traveling to and from the IVHQ Program, including but not limited to the IVHQ Program Fee, flights, travel insurance, visas, vaccinations, criminal background check and spending money.
- The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- All entrants into the Promotion and the winner are also subject to the International Volunteer HQ Terms and Conditions of Service.
- The Promotion and these conditions of entry are governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of New Zealand.