Volunteering in Australia: At a glance
- Volunteer work in Australia is available year-round
- Join a unique Marine Conservation volunteer project focused on the protection of the Great Barrier Reef ecosystem
- Live alongside other volunteers in Cairns - the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef
- Coral reef surveying and marine data collection training is provided to volunteers in Australia
- Affordable program fees from US$1010 (approximately CA$1308) for 1 week
- Program fee includes island transfers, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support
Volunteer opportunities in Australia
Conserves the environment
4-6 hours volunteering per day
Program Fees from CA$1308
- Duration: 1 - 2 weeks
- Programs start the first Monday of the month
Help to conserve the incredible Great Barrier Reef, spending time in the water and collecting data for oceanographic organizations.
Fill out the quick form below to find out what the Covid-19 restrictions and visa requirements are for Australia, based on your country of residence.
- Most affordable fees - as the world leader in affordable volunteer travel, we’re able to keep our fees low by partnering with a local organization in Australia to support meaningful community projects and local employment.
- Superior support - your experienced IVHQ Program Manager, teamed with our local team in Australia will ensure you feel supported every step of the way - from planning to volunteering.
- Responsible projects - we’re dedicated to ensuring that our projects are responsibly run and have sustainable positive impacts that are supporting local needs.
- Online training - as soon as you register on an IVHQ program, you will gain access to our interactive volunteer training to ensure you’re well prepared for your program.
- Safety-first - volunteer safety is a top priority for IVHQ and we have clear standards for risk management on each program. You can feel confident that you are placed with trustworthy institutions, organizations and families that have been screened by our local teams.
- New friendships - as an IVHQer, you’ll always be in the company of friendly locals and like-minded volunteer travelers who will quickly become your life-long friends.
- Epic weekend adventures - you’ll have your weekends free to explore Australia with your new-found friends.