International Volunteer HQ hosts a monthly video competition for all past and current volunteers to share a moment from their volunteer trip abroad!
Upload your video to YouTube and click 'Enter Now' on the right of this page to submit the link to your video. Then ask your friends and family to vote and you’ll be on your way to winning a complimentary Registration Fee for your next IVHQ program (valued at US$279)! Please ensure you only use media for which you have copyright permission and do not use any copyrighted music or video.
There is no limit on the number of videos you can enter in the competition, however if you pick just one, you can increase your chances of collecting the most votes.
Once your video has been approved by IVHQ, encourage your friends and family to vote by sharing your video via Facebook, Twitter or email.
Each month, the volunteer whose video collects the most votes wins a complimentary Registration Fee for any IVHQ program!
Please note, all competition entries must follow the IVHQ Child Protection Policy. This means children and vulnerable adults should not be in a video alone or portrayed in a belittling or degrading manner.
- Entrants must have previously participated (or be participating) on an IVHQ program
- Entrants must have produced/have permission to enter the video in the competition
- IVHQ reserves the right not to publish and will remove any entries which it deems inappropriate for the competition. This may be due to (but not limited to), the nature of the photo or the subjects within the photo.
- Voting is monitored and any entries with automated votes from the same IP address may be disqualified from the competition
- Voting closes at midnight NZST on the last day of each calendar month
- The volunteer whose video collects the highest number of votes in the month that the video was entered will win the monthly prize of a IVHQ Registration Fee (valued at US$279)
- To claim the free Registration Fee, the winner must state the month in which he/she won the competition in his/her IVHQ Application Form
- The free Registration Fee must be claimed (ie. the volunteer must apply on an IVHQ volunteer program) for a program start date within 12 months of winning the prize
- The free Registration Fee is not transferrable for cash
- The free Registration Fee is able to be redeemed by the named winner of the competition and cannot be transferred to any other person
- Once the free Registration Fee has been redeemed, it will not be refunded to the volunteer in the event of cancellation of their IVHQ program