Volunteer of the Year Terms and Conditions
Information on the program prize and how to enter form part of these conditions of entry. By applying for this scholarship, you agree to be bound by these conditions of entry and all decisions of the program promoter (International Volunteer HQ), which are final in all matters relating to the promotion. The program and these conditions of entry are void where prohibited by law. Any changes to these conditions of entry will be published on the International Volunteer HQ website at www.volunteerhq.org.
The promoter is International Volunteer HQ, 99 Devon Street West, New Plymouth, 4310.
Employees of International Volunteer HQ, STA Travel and World Nomads and their subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and members of their immediate families or households, are ineligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entry is free. There is no limit for the number of nominations that can be submitted per volunteer for IVHQ Volunteer of the Year. Self nominations are accepted. Nominations will be accepted for previous IVHQ volunteers, as well as for individuals who have not volunteered with IVHQ before. The nominee must be 18 years of age or older at the closure of applications (27 November 2016 at 11:59pm) and hold a valid passport with at least 6 months validity. Nominations for IVHQ Volunteer of the Year will only be accepted via the nomination platform of the www.volunteerhq.org website. The nomination form must include contact details, along with a short essay (500 characters max) on why the nominee should be selected as a finalist.
The scholarship entries can be submitted from 31 October 2016 and close on 27 November 2016 at 11:59pm (PST). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by International Volunteer HQ and International Volunteer HQ records are conclusive as to the time of receipt. All dates are subject to change if necessary in International Volunteer HQ’s discretion.
On 28 November 2016, a selection of scholarship submissions will be shortlisted and the nominees will be notified via email to advise that they have have been selected as finalists. These finalists will be required to support IVHQ in creating a personal profile to be published on the IVHQ website. Finalists who fail to supply their volunteer profile by the time specified by IVHQ, will be ineligible for the voting stage of the IVHQ Volunteer of the Year Awards. On 4 December 2016 at 5:00pm (PST), the finalists’ submissions will be published on International Volunteer HQ’s website and public voting for IVHQ’s Volunteer of the Year will begin. Public voting will close on 18 December 2016 at 5:00pm (PST). There is a limit of one vote per email address, per day for the IVHQ Volunteer of the Year. Voting will be monitored and any entries with automated votes from the same IP address may be disqualified from the awards. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into, including in the event of a dispute.
The successful applicant will receive the following;
- IVHQ Registration Fee and 2-week IVHQ Program Fee
- US$1000 travel credit which can be applied to any product sold by STA Travel
- A volunteer travel insurance package from World Nomads
The prize cannot be refunded, transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash.
The winner must begin the volunteer program before 30 August 2017.
As part of the scholarship, the recipient must:
- Submit three featured blogs from their volunteer trip (within two months of completing the program) that will be published on International Volunteer HQ’s website and social media channels.
- Post photos of their volunteer trip to Instagram so that we can follow your journey.
The scholarship winner will be notified via email or phone and the winners’ names will be published on the International Volunteer HQ website within 7 days following selection.
- If the scholarship winner has not accepted the prize within 7 days, the next nominee with the 2nd highest amount of votes will be selected as the scholarship recipient.
- No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected submissions or any errors or failures in internet or other communications. International Volunteer HQ reserves the right to cancel or modify the scholarship promotion if, in its sole discretion, the administration of the scholarship promotion is impaired for technical or other reasons beyond its reasonable control and, in such an event, may select the Scholarship recipient from all valid entries received prior to the impairment.
- The scholarship recipient will be responsible for covering the costs associated with traveling to the volunteer program, which includes but is not limited to flights (for any amount over the US$1,000 credit provided by STA Travel), visas, vaccinations, criminal background check and spending money.
- By entering the scholarship, the entrant consents to being entered into a database and the promoter (International Volunteer HQ) may use this information for future email promotions and marketing purposes, which they can choose to opt out of at any time. Furthermore, competition entrants consent that their emails may be used by any scholarship partners for future email promotions and marketing purposes.
- The scholarship winner is also subject to the International Volunteer HQ Terms and Conditions of Service. Back to the IVHQ Volunteer of the Year nomination page