Last updated: May 11th, 2020
Due to the global shutdown in travel due to the Covid-19 coronavirus, we are offering enhanced flexibility to allow volunteers booked on an IVHQ program in 2020 to change their plans, free of charge.
This page is a summary of the policies we are currently adhering to with regard to cancellations, changes of dates, and refunds. To discuss your specific circumstances and status of the program you are registered onto, please get in touch with one of our Volunteer Travel Specialists by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, direct to your Program Manager by email, through our online enquiry form or by phone.
Changes to destination or start date: If you wish to change your registration to a new date in the future, we are waiving all our normal change fees for programs due to start more than 14 days ahead and no later than December 31, 2020. This means you can reschedule your trip for when global travel should have resumed at no additional cost. We have extended this flexibility to change your registration to a future date at no additional cost across all tiers of registration fee.
- We are adhering to the terms and conditions that were in place at the time when each volunteer completed their registration. We are only providing refunds or credits to those entitled under these terms and conditions, which depends on the tier of registration fee paid.
- Please be aware that in accordance with our terms and conditions, no refunds are being made to anyone who cancels their program within 29 days or less from their earliest registered program start date. If you have already paid your program fee, we may be able to retain your registration fee as a credit in your IVHQ account.
- If you paid our Base registration fee, no refunds or credits can be provided regardless of your program start date.
Please note that refunds may take up to 4 weeks to be processed.
All program fees are non-refundable, as per our terms and conditions.
However, for volunteers whose program start date is in 2020 and who cancel at least 30 days prior to their start date, we are temporarily offering a choice from these three options:
- Free rebooking onto a new date in the future, using your program fee as a credit towards this future trip. No refunds will be provided if the new program fee is less than the program fee originally paid.
- Credit held in your IVHQ account for up to 12 months, to use against a future trip. However, an additional registration fee will be payable at the time you rebook if you don’t also have a registration fee credit to apply.
- A refund of your program fee, less a US$200 fee to cover costs already incurred.