Volunteer in Australia
Help protect the Great Barrier Reef on International Volunteer HQ’s unique Australia volunteer abroad program. Our Marine Conservation project in Australia gives volunteers the opportunity to learn about threatened marine life and help preserve the world’s largest coral reef. Volunteer work in Australia takes place on two islands, located 45 minutes from Cairns, Queensland. With affordable Program Fees and top rated volunteer projects trusted by over 115,000 travelers, IVHQ is the best volunteer organization in Australia.
- Marine Conservation project available year-round
- Program Fees from $1010 for 1 week
- Includes airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support
- Accommodation in a dormitory-style hostel in Cairns - the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef
- Projects based on two islands in the Great Barrier Reef, located 45 minutes from Cairns by boat
Volunteer opportunities in Australia
Conserves the environment
4-6 hours volunteering per day
Program Fees from $1010
- Duration: 1 - 2 weeks
- Programs start the first Monday of the month
- Based at the awe-inspiring Great Barrier Reef
- Volunteers aged 17+
Help to conserve the incredible Great Barrier Reef, spending time in the water and collecting data for oceanographic organizations.
Check what's required to visit Australia
Fill out the quick form below to find out what the Covid-19 restrictions and visa requirements are for Australia, based on your country of residence.